IOSH Managing Safely
The IOSH Managing Safely training course is suitable for those in a line management or supervisory role. Through completing the course delegates can ensure that, as managers, they meet their responsibilities for Health and Safety in the workplace.
The IOSH Managing Safely course will provide you with a clear understanding of health, safety and environmental issues in the workplace and their importance. Following the course, you will recognise:
- Why is it important to manage safely?
- Why investigate accidents and incidents?
- How does human failure contribute to the cause of accidents?
- What is a risk assessment?
- What are the key parts of a health and safety management system?
- What is the impact of industry on the environment?
- You will learn useful skills to take back to the workplace.
Please call 0114 244 4461 to enquire about any upcoming courses
Our IOSH courses are delivered by Astutis Ltd.
I don't have Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word, what should I do?
If you don't have Microsoft Office, or Microsoft Word installed on your PC or Mac, don't worry - you can still use our products. You can get a free alternative from Open Office.
Open Office Org is open-source developed alternative to Microsoft Office, developed by a large software company called Oracle. Open Source means the company who build the software, allow 100% use of it, 100% free.
Since Open Office is specifically developed to be exactly the same as Microsoft Office, with all the same programs in the suite (Eg: Word, Excel, Access and Power Point) - it will freely open any Microsoft Office file-format. Meaning, just because a document was written in Microsoft Word, doesn't mean it can't be opened in another program. Open Office will do that, and vise versa.
To download and install Open Office;
- Go to www.openoffice.org.
- On the left hand side, click 'I want to download Open Office'. In the green box, click the main link which starts with 'Start downloading OpenOffice.org...'
- Windows Only:When the program has downloaded, click Install and wait for the program to install.
- MAC OSX Only:When the program has downloaded, a notification box will pop up with an arrow from the Open Office Icon to the Applications Folder in Finder, drag the icon to the Applications folder to install the program.
- You are now ready to use Open Office, and the documents you have purchased from us.