Health & Safety Auditing and Site Visits
Larger public and private sector organisations need to have formal procedures for auditing and reporting health and safety performance. The board should ensure that any audit is perceived as a positive management and boardroom tool. It should have unrestricted access to both external and internal auditors, keeping their cost-effectiveness, independence and objectivity under review.
Managing corporate risk is a key issue for all organisations in the public, private and voluntary sectors. Risks take many forms and companies need to have systems in place to manage them. One key risk area is the health and safety of a company's employees, of its contractors and members of the public, who may be affected by its activities.
How can HS Direct help me?
We provide the service you require to ensure your Health & Safety is fully up to date, and can help with your ensuring your company's Health & Safety is audited correctly and regularly.
Effective management of health and safety risks will help :
- maximise the well being and productivity of all your employees;
- stop people getting injured, ill or killed by their work for you;
- prevent damage to the company's reputation in the eyes of customers, competitors, suppliers, other stakeholders and the wider community;
- avoid damaging effects on turnover and profitability;
- encourage better relationships with your contractors, and more effective contracted activities;
- minimise the likelihood of prosecution and consequent penalties.
If you'd like any help and support, let us know by filling out the form above, or by calling us direct.
I don't have Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word, what should I do?
If you don't have Microsoft Office, or Microsoft Word installed on your PC or Mac, don't worry - you can still use our products. You can get a free alternative from Open Office.
Open Office Org is open-source developed alternative to Microsoft Office, developed by a large software company called Oracle. Open Source means the company who build the software, allow 100% use of it, 100% free.
Since Open Office is specifically developed to be exactly the same as Microsoft Office, with all the same programs in the suite (Eg: Word, Excel, Access and Power Point) - it will freely open any Microsoft Office file-format. Meaning, just because a document was written in Microsoft Word, doesn't mean it can't be opened in another program. Open Office will do that, and vise versa.
To download and install Open Office;
- Go to www.openoffice.org.
- On the left hand side, click 'I want to download Open Office'. In the green box, click the main link which starts with 'Start downloading OpenOffice.org...'
- Windows Only:When the program has downloaded, click Install and wait for the program to install.
- MAC OSX Only:When the program has downloaded, a notification box will pop up with an arrow from the Open Office Icon to the Applications Folder in Finder, drag the icon to the Applications folder to install the program.
- You are now ready to use Open Office, and the documents you have purchased from us.