What is SMAS Worksafe?
SMAS Worksafe (Safety Management Advisory Service) are members of Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP). By holding a valid SMAS Worksafe certificate, your business is demonstrating to potential clients that you've met and demonstrated the required health and safety standards according to the SSIP Core Criteria.
SMAS prides itself on its great level of customer service. Key benefits to choosing SMAS Worksafe over other SSIP Schemes include:
- Quick turnaround - 3-5 days
- Direct contact with your allocated assessor by phone
- Helpful and friendly advice
- Fair and transparent pricing irrespective of size or turnover
What does SMAS Worksafe Assess?
The assessment goes through 15 questions measuring your company against the SSIP 'core criteria' this includes areas such as Health & Safety policy and organisation for H&S, training, information and welfare provision. During the SMAS Worksafe application, you will only be asked questions that are relevant to your business.
Does your business need to apply for SMAS?
A common question from both contractors and clients alike. Clients can stipulate that contractors and sub-contractors must hold a valid SSIP accreditation, some may even specify which SSIP scheme they'd like you to have and some such as Redrow state that companies must hold a valid SMAS Worksafe certificate. Other companies take a none preference route, so the choice of SSIP schemes is yours. As a safety company, we ensure that we will give you the information that you need to make this decision and support you through the application process.
Why apply for SMAS?
- Quick and easily demonstrate your high level of health and safety competence to clients.
- Increase your chances of winning contracts by being on a preferred supplier list for tenders containing over 45 of the biggest house builders in the UK as well as many other organisations in Construction.
- Save time and money by benefiting from SSIP mutual recognition.
- Helps companies to avoid undertaking health and safety assessments on every building site.
How much is it going to cost me in time and money?
The first time pass rate is a staggering 93% and this is largely due to the simplicity of the application process and the high level of customer service we provide to your business.
Getting a SMAS Worksafe certificate can take as little as 3 working days and you can have direct contact with the Assessor undertaking the assessment, so if you're stuck on any question, they are there to help. SMAS Worksafe also has a flat-rate pricing structure, this means that you won't pay more if you have more employees and never be paying more than you should be.
What are the benefits for you and your business?
- SMAS Worksafe is a national recognised accreditation scheme.
- The application is smart, meaning you only answer questions that are relatable to your business.
- Whilst undertaking your assessment, you can have direct contact to the team of in-house assessors if you need any help or have any questions.
- It immediately demonstrates the high level of attention your company gives health and safety.
- Win more tenders; clients can access your companies details through the SMAS Worksafe portal, meaning you can directly apply for and win new work.
- Having a valid SMAS Worksafe certificate can also help you gain other SSIP accreditations from other scheme providers such as SafeContractor or CHAS through Deem to Satisfy.