Do you need help or assistance with SSIP?
SSIP was founded in May 2009 and supported by HSE. SSIP aims to simplify prequalification and encourage straightforward mutual recognition between its accreditations.
The aim of SSIP is that clients can go to the website and check that you have a current Health & Safety Policy, amongst other Health & Safety documentation that will help you win the tender over other companies.
The SSIP Forum will:
- Act as an umbrella organisation to facilitate mutual recognition between health and safety pre-qualification schemes wherever it is practicable to do so
- Actively advise and influence clients about acceptable interpretation and appropriateness of health and safety competence standards in UK schemes
- Embrace the core guidance on competence and training in the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Constructionline requires as part of their registration process that a health and safety questionnaire is completed by the supplier. It is important to note however that this is a self-certification of health and safety compliance and Constructionline does not check the validity of the information provided, they leave any checking to the buyer. However, if the Constructionline applicant is already registered with a SSIP health and safety competence
- Assessment scheme, this replaces the requirement for the health and safety questions to be answered
How can HS Direct help?
HS Direct will assist you in putting together your application and any supporting evidence to help get your company on the SSIP register.
Being a part of the SSIP Scheme assists and supports you through the application process of CHAS, SMAS, Constructionline, EXOR and National House-Building Council - giving you an advantage and quicker access to their accreditation register- and many more.
We’re here to help. Complete the form to request a callback.