£15.00 + VAT
This course is designed to help you understand COSHH and your responsibilities either as an employer or a user of the substance.
COSHH E-Learning Course
The Control Of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) is a law that requires that all employers control and/or reduce the use of substances that are considered hazardous or harmful to the health of the person using it. This course is designed to help you understand COSHH and your responsibilities either as an employer or a user of the substance.
The course has a multiple-choice test at the end and successful delegates will get a downloadable certificate to show they have completed and understood the contents of this course.
- Introduction To COSHH
- COSHH – Background
- Hazardous Substances
- Changes To COSHH
- Changes To COSHH – New Symbols
- Substances Not Covered By The COSHH Regulations
- Health Effects
- Short And Long Term Effects
- COSHH Requirements
- 8 Steps Of Complying With COSHH
- Step 1 – Assessing The Risks
- Step 2 – Deciding What Precautions Are Needed
- Step 3 – Prevent Or Adequately Control Exposure
- Step 4 – Ensuring Control Measures Are Used And Maintained
- Step 5 – Monitor The Exposure
- Step 6 – Carry Out Appropriate Health Surveillance
- Step 7 – Prepare Plans And Procedures To Deal With Accidents, Incidents And Emergencies
- Step 8 – Ensuring Employees Are Properly Informed
- COSHH Essentials