Gas Industry Registration Scheme – GIRS
HS Direct can assist businesses to attain Gas Industry Registration Scheme accreditation.
The Gas Industry Registration Scheme (GIRS) is a UK-wide accreditation scheme operated by Lloyd’s Register. Its purpose is to assess the technical competence of potential GIRS providers to design, project manage and carry out Gas connections on national grid projects.
The aim of GIRS is to encourage competition within the utility sector and yet at the same time ensure that the approved providers meet minimum requirements. This should ensure that GIRS Providers are able to execute high-quality and safe connections.
Using our proprietary software, template policies and procedures along with our in-depth knowledge of the GIRS requirements we can work with you to put into place the necessary systems required by Lloyds including:
- Safe methods of working
- Subcontractor and operative competence and control
- Technical audits and equipment testing
- Health and safety, environmental and quality auditing
- Approved supplier and procurement
- Human resources procedures and training
Our software systems make it easy to:
- Assess the competence and quality of subcontractors and suppliers
- Generate in minutes task and site-specific risk assessments which can be adapted to meet the requirements of different DNOs
- Record and monitor equipment tests
- Assign and carry out e-learning safety and environmental courses with your staff and subcontractors
- Carry out technical, environmental and quality audits
In addition, we have template policies and procedures which we can customise to your business which will satisfy the GIRS requirements.
All our services are also available with advice and support from health and safety, employment and HR experts.
We can quote you a fixed fee to provide all documentation required. Our costs depend on what policies and procedures you have in place and the type and scope of accreditation you are applying for. To discuss your requirements with us please call 0114 241 7092 and ask for Guy or Paul.