Manual Handling Risk Assessment
Our Manual Handling Risk Assessment template has been written by IOSH and NEBOSH qualified professionals. This Risk Assessment template helps you to identify hazards and risks of injury involved with handling tasks in a variety of working environments.
Manual handling is the biggest cause of workplace injuries in the UK with a reported one in three injuries being due to improper handling which often leads to back pain. Employers have a general duty of care when it comes to the health and safety of their workforce and manual handling is a key aspect of that.
The Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 highlight that you need to carry out a risk assessment for all tasks that involve lifting of some kind. This could include carrying goods or animals as well as lifting heavy machinery.
Covered within this free risk assessment template:
- Assessment checklist – what is involved in the task, the loads, working environment, individual capacity, other factors such as PPE
- How are the risks currently controlled
- Risk factor / frequency
- Overall assessment of risk
- Necessary further/remedial action to control the risk
- Space for assessor’s name and signature
Simply fill out your details in the form opposite to get this free Manual Handling Risk Assessment delivered to your inbox!