National Electricity Registration Scheme – NERS
HS Direct can assist businesses attain National Electricity Registration Scheme accreditation.
The National Electricity Registration Scheme (NERS) is a UK-wide accreditation scheme operated by Lloyd’s Register. Its purpose is to assess the technical competence of Independent Connection Providers to design, project manage and carry out electrical connections.
The aim of NERS is to encourage competition within the utility sector and yet at the same time ensure that the approved providers meet minimum requirements. This should ensure that Independent Connections Providers are able to execute high-quality and safe connections.
Using our proprietary software, template policies and procedures along with our in-depth knowledge of the NERS requirements we can work with you to put into place the necessary systems required by Lloyds including:
- Safe methods of working
- Subcontractor and operative competence and control
- Technical audits and equipment testing
- Health and safety, environmental and quality auditing
- Approved supplier and procurement
- Human resources procedures and training
Our software systems make it easy to:
- Create and update NERS Passports for all your operatives and subcontractors
- Assess the competence and quality of subcontractors and suppliers
- Generate in minutes task and site-specific risk assessments which can be adapted to meet the requirements of different DNOs
- Record and monitor equipment tests
- Carry out technical, environmental and quality audits
In addition we have template policies and procedures which we can customise to your business which will satisfy the NERS requirements.
All our services are also available with advice and support from health and safety, employment and HR experts.
We can quote you a fixed fee to provide all documentation required. Our costs depend on what policies and procedures you have in place and the type and scope of accreditation you are applying for. To discuss your requirements with us please call 0114 241 7092 and ask for Guy.