I don't have Microsoft Office or Microsoft Word, what should I do?
If you don't have Microsoft Office, or Microsoft Word installed on your PC or Mac, don't worry - you can
still use our products. You can get a free alternative from
Open Office Org is open-source developed alternative to Microsoft Office,
developed by a large software company called Oracle. Open Source means the company who build the software,
allow 100% use of it, 100% free.
Since Open Office is specifically developed to be exactly the
same as Microsoft Office, with all the same programs in the suite (Eg: Word, Excel, Access and Power Point)
- it will freely open any Microsoft Office file-format. Meaning, just because a document was written in
Microsoft Word, doesn't mean it can't be opened in another program. Open Office will do that, and vise versa.
To download and install Open Office;
- Go to
- On the left hand side, click 'I want to download Open Office'. In the green
box, click the main link which starts with 'Start downloading OpenOffice.org...'
- Windows Only:When the program has downloaded, click Install and wait for the program to install.
- MAC OSX Only:When the program has downloaded, a notification box will pop up with an arrow from the Open Office
Icon to the Applications Folder in Finder, drag the icon to the Applications folder to install the program.
- You are now ready to use Open Office, and the documents you have purchased from us.